Neighborhood Is Here For You
We and our dedicated team of clinicians and administrators stand in solidarity with our fellow New Yorkers, Americans, and people all over the world. We are all affected and we are all united in community during this challenging time. We know people and communities are resilient, and will weather adversity stronger than ever. We also know that suffering, loss, isolation and vulnerability are inevitable.
We support the New York State Department of Health “State of Opportunity” initiative. We have registered with NYSDOH Volunteer Program to offer assistance on a pro bono basis to those in need of and unable to access care during COVID-19 referred via NYSDOH.
We have pivoted to TelePsychiatry in order to keep patients and staff safe while joining the effort to prevent community spread. We are grateful we were prepared to make this shift quickly and early on in the response. Thank you for considering Neighborhood.
We value compassion-based primary psychiatric care for common mental health conditions, accepting major insurance plans including Aetna, Cigna, BCBS, United Healthcare & Oxford. For those without insurance coverage here, we offer competitive self-pay rates.
We are dedicated to continuing to offer service during the response, during the recovery period, and beyond.
We have introduced TeleHealth for new patients in NY State and current patients where they are located. We plan to continue to offer the quality of care we always do through the Covid-19 response.
We are available to consult for new patients via TeleHealth who are experiencing increased stress and anxiety or seeking to transition their care. Please carefully read the points below to learn how to request an appointment and register with our virtual care platform.
We recommend patients with more severe conditions seek specialized care.
- Patients are treated for common psychiatric conditions: unipolar depression, anxiety disorders, OCD, ADHD, and related indications requiring a level of care consistent with 30 minute visits every one to two months.
- We recommend specialized services for patients requiring more intensive treatment. Please visit our New Patient page for more information about conditions treated at Neighborhood.
- To learn more about Neighborhood, ask about referrals, or request a visit please Click Here.
- Our user-friendly communication platform Spruce Health lets us securely message with you via HIPAA-compliant IMs for administrative issues like scheduling and if you are running late, to set up video calls, and for arranging for consultation. You can download the app HERE to get started today.
- After you’re set up in the app, please also sign our TeleMedicine consent form HERE to help expedite the setup process.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us HERE.