At NPAM, Your Privacy Protection and Well Being are Our Main Concerns
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (an act intended to protect the privacy of patients’ health data) went into effect on April 14, 2003. As such, please note the following rules for contacting us via e-mail:
- Please note that email is not a fully secure means of communication. Please do not send personal health information via this contact form. If you choose to do so, please be aware that we are not responsible for breach of data.
- Do not use email or this contact form for urgent or emergency medical issues. In the event of an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. For urgent matters, please call our office via telephone and contact your provider if you have enrolled in the Patient Portal.
- Please contact our office with any non-urgent clinical concerns, including for scheduling and administrative purposes.
- Please allow up to 3 business days for use to respond to emails. If we do not get back with you, please contact us again as unavoidable technical issues may interfere with communications.
- Patients currently under our care have access to secure electronic communication for non-urgent matters. Please ask our staff if you do not have access, and wish to arrange for it.